Since my highschool theatre life is coming to an end, and it is making quite a big impact on me, I decided to write about it, to lessen the damage for when it hits me in just a few days. Do enjoy
Well, Hello house.
My name is Tyler Finzel, and I would like to share what you mean to me.
You mean the world to me.
Hah!
Hell, you are the world.
You’re a million places all in one!
You’re where ever I want you to be or need you to be,
But most of all you’re the light that has helped me see.
Because of you I know who I really am
And what I want to become.
I want to be that guy I told you about,
The Irish guy that can’t sing,
Not the sadistic creep.
You know, that guy you watched me become.
… You remember that song I sang you?
If you don’t remember then I won’t.
I can’t even beginning to think about how the song began…
I remember how we did though.
Hahaha cliché I know.
I was young then, as were you.
But you gave me that foundation to stand on and speak.
You shined a light through me so the world could see my colors,
And you helped my words echo through your halls and bounce back;
You sheltered me, House.
When the world crumbled around me,
You stayed what I wanted you to be;
A home, for my heart to stay.
You watched me put on show after show,
Watched scene by scene,
Song by song,
Monologue after monologue,
Painstaking auditions,
And the even scarier call backs.
… Promise me something House.
Promise you wont forget me.
Promise you’ll remember me jumping about
Being loud, being happy,
Enjoying your safeguard
Because inside of you House…
I got to be me.
I got to showcase all I had,
And put it all out there for you,
And because of that House,
You will always be my home.
Goodbye House,
… Thanks for your support.
No comments:
Post a Comment