Sunday, January 6, 2013

Telepathy

I wrote Hendrix a letter,
He sent a reply but I ignored it,
Like the wind to a feather,
The words danced inside the flames.
Then I poured it out,
Mourned my reasonable doubt,
Took the pen cap off with my mouth,
Chewed while I asked you
About tunes you've recently told me about.
Maybe it was something close to euphoric,
Got a voicemail from Cobain but I ignored it.
It might blow your mind if I were metaphoric,
So I tell it to you straight so I don't have to distort it.
His message was distorted and packed a loud hit,
Split my eardrums into slips.
Slipped an earwig through my lips;
The wick flicked a whip of lit dreams onto the walls,
Like sand on the inside of the glass of time,
The wax falls...

The facts do too.
Tupac sent a text saying "we miss you."
I said I'm sorry for departing prior to a higher noon,
But they were going to to need a Moses to pilot this monsoon soon.
"True, true. Word is bond dude."
I see where I went wrong.
I never got a clear reply from the texts to my moms,
But I send love to those who are already gone.
Sometimes their messages are more loud and clear,
And for that I fear that I'll never be able to get out of here,
I send them a message back to make them feel nearer,
You don't need facts when it comes to smoke and mirrors.
Lennon left a note on my bed post
Lending himself to being the second most revealing host
Of Christmas Eve and Ghost of Christmas past.
Why even ask why you passed your chance to stamp me with your blessing,
When you knew on your broken glass I was stepping?
Took the Post-it and owe to it my success
"The more real you get the more unreal the world gets."
It's no secret, I'd repeat it;
If it didn't make it worth any less, I'd probably keep it.
This world is fucked up and pumped with junk in chunks of merit-less embarrassment.
I speak to the Gods of Music and never speak of arrogance with tolerance lesser than proven.

No comments:

Post a Comment