Not sure if I ever posted this one.. It's too good not to. Say hello to Easel
Seize the creativity
Put it on the pallet, wet the brush,
Push bristles across what happened today,
Paint away the pain by putting clear sky's in the eyes of the kid
Who just chucked his Chuck Taylor's to the wind.
Caught on the telephone wire next to a dove and a crow
Conversing about the curses they both think they have;
The crow represents love while the dove searches for meaning
Besides the magicians ability to amaze kids and excite feelings;
Dip my brush into a different shade of yellow,
In which I see the sun wearing shades saying hello,
While Slum cats bellow below looking for snow
Instead of the suns piercing glow;
Change my mind, change the blue and paint the night's sky,
With speckles of twilight's bright white lights.
Far beneath the moons feet is a city street
And sweepers kicking cans while standing on street corners
Is money hoarders who cross the boarders to cure society's disorders.
No color for the face of the kid walking down the sidewalk,
Upon chalk testimonies and baulking of supporters.
Red is the feeling while blue is the mood.
The street lights dance while the darkness consumes
The hurt, abused, and old children looking for parents.
It's not fair it's barren in the hearts that arrows have yet to pierce.
Paint a stare silver and fierce
While I change the brush type to something more coarse.
The stroke length changes as the texture changes places with real life;
Suddenly it looks nice, sharper than steel knives
When a Bic light ignites a rhyme as well as a loose left piece of mind.
As I walk through this painting I take the Chucks belonging to Hermes.
I dash throught the cast of people I just painted,
Sedated until I'm out dated and played in the place of Hatred.
Hades follows me while I draw with chalk across the pavement.
I see a picture coming true with the colors I just used;
I'm just glad I didn't use the red to paint this cartoon head,
Or instead of happy I'd be strapped to the bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment