Sunday, March 4, 2012

Burden

I know my stance on many issues,
And I put people in their place.
But I don't know who I am anymore
Or the owner of the thoughts behind this face.
If I knew him, I'd gasp,
Not sure of what I'd ask,
But it would have something to do with loving people
And wearing expensive masks.
Paid for by time and feelings
Instead of inflated currency;
It's being debating currently
If he is even worthy anymore.
As he speaks and as I write,
We both agree on a kryptonite.
We both decide despite our differences,
That it's not love, envy, or subtle instances.
It's ignorance to bliss
And being too blissful towards indulgences.
A villain I must slay
So behavior isn't an issue.
An institution I have made to help me get through,
Is now just a building too tall to get to.
I tried to forget him
And he tried to forget you.
He constantly thought about it;
Nightmares came true.
A mask starts constricting
As I start construction,
Escape paths and aftermath
Evacuation routes.
A figure without a mouth,
A similar Durden burden.
Looking for a purpose or a reason to be pardoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment