Friday, March 23, 2012

Woe Is Me


Walking in the graveyard
When an angel stepped next to me.
I told her she's off her path
But I need some help you see.
She knew why she was there
And that she couldn't tell me.
Little did I know she was my remedy.
She told me she'll be back again
To which I replied with a grin,
No worries Love,
I'll be there soon enough.

She flew back above
When my times were no longer rough.
She grabbed me by the heart
At which took flight.
Only when the wind calls her name
Do I rest a night.
I asked her about my life
To which she said it was mine.
I asked her what to do with it
To which she replied die.

At first I had a smile
For what I had in mind,
But I knew it wouldn't come true.
I went straight home
To deliver the news.
Crackers for skin
Instead of for food.
Wine with my friends
Instead of pouring booze.

If my life wasn't used,
Then how was I broken?
If I really was unglued
What was I stuck to?
With a message forsaken
That I try to hold on to,
I end my series
Of mistakes and woes
After just one volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment