Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Whispers

Everybody has a whisper in them,
Something they won't let out.
Something sweet but still so tender.
An emotion you won't just surrender.
Shove it in the corner and forget its there.
Act like you will never remember.

Don't pretend like I'm not here.
Don't act like you don't care.
Your false front is but a silly joke,
I hope you realize my thoughts are rare.

Sometimes you have to turn the table.
Have a clean slate in the face of a stranger.
Everything we have are whispers in our head.
Shaking the scales making us unstable.
Words fill my body like an empty cable.
It breaks bones until I rattle.

Don't pretend like you don't feel me.
Don't act like I'm not anything.
Your punishment hurts for a reason.
Your love is a stale and empty season.

Cross my heart and hope to die.
A whisper commits genocide
To a group of thoughts plotting
For a ritual suicide.
Together a secret destroys in packs.
The thoughts that make up a brittle past.

No comments:

Post a Comment