Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pensive Pincers

Have you thought about the time lost untangling your headphones,
Finagling with your belt?
I really need to let go of feelings that I felt.
Just because I felt the concrete
Doesn't mean that's where I place my feet.
Rock bottom is a hell of a place
But I spend a majority of time there tying my laces.
The fire doesn't have time for my displacement
So I race to the top not concerned if I will drop or make it.
Because when I do I will not stop.
I will spend my time pulling up my pants.
Untangle my headphones so I can dance
My way from the bottom to the apex.
These latex, plastic personalities should be a social fallacy
So use them as a foundation and spend your time promising to your person:
Use just one honest version.
Time is not wasted when you use it against faces
That makes a man who he is that stands against traces of fake hatred.
They say my head is too big;
Compared to what, your perspective?
I don't like living life how its directed,
So I spend my time walking in my own direction
Giving my own affection towards reflections I see pensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment