Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Phobia

I fear for when mountains turn to sand.
I fear rotten apple cores.
I fear when child turns to man
And then man falls to the floor.
I fear to be the TV when I'm bored.
I fear to be the Fallopian tube when I'm born.
I fear being Ethiopian food to the poor.
I fear a tree branch falling from the sky.
I fear to be the sand that lightning strikes.
I fear to be the grass with footprints,
The doorknobs with fingerprints.
I fear glass, translucent paths turning into the past we soon forget.
I fear the can emptied and crushed.
I fear the lustful launching and bust.
I fear the raunchy man lying to trust,
The crust breaking and flaking into death.
I fear those flakes, and I fear death.
I fear flowers closing and looking down.
I fear cities being built out of towns
And clowns being made from saints.
I fear intelligence and negligence.
I fear governments and presidents.
I fear kids with half cocked pasts
That point to me when they blast.
I fear cash for I know it means death.
I fear the past and what is left
For the future to pick up and build with.
I fear cars with no breaks,
Killers with strong faith,
And I fear for the day death takes my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment