Thursday, October 4, 2012

This Old House

There's gold on the ceiling
And the ground has turned to lava.
The air has dissipated into water
My mind swallowed deep.

Here it is, like a caged bear,
2 rows deep in stadium watching a boxing match.
This airplane just dropped a tug boat
I see where attacks are aimed at my throat.
The ceiling is gold
And I just want to be able to grab it
Without the gravity of bad habits
Pulling me back into life's clutch.
This lava we call life
Consumes the best out of everything it hurdles.
I can't breath or see because I'm drowning.
Smoke signals and S.O.S.'s send out my distresses
Like a shell being ejected from a shotgun.
The buckshot pelting all that runs.
Because of this war drums from dumb tribes
Try to surprise me this night.
I laugh despite the fact that they'll win.
I laugh with a slash as a sideways grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment