This is a unique poem, that deserves an intro of some sort. Rap has been a huge influence on my life, being one of the few motifs there enough to make a difference. The thing with Rap music is however, the controversy. A controversy that should be avoided, but is easy to fall victim too. Because of this, two major names, and many other artists have died in the name of a rivalry that was catalyzed by the media, and the listeners themselves. The death of Tupac and the Notorious B.I.G. was in a sense, World War II; a war to end all wars. The death of these two rappers, once and for all ended to East coast/West coast feud that was claiming too many lives. The wicked step-son of the feud on the other hand, was the Diss song, which is not only a dangerous form of art, but a very personally deteriorating form of art. A Diss song is a mockery to the beacon that Rap music has turned into. It isn't mature, it isn't productive and it is not art. So this poem is split into two parts: An example, and an explanation of the harm that not only the words cause, but society helps build up as well. These records should not sell. Diss songs should not be a way of getting into the spot light, and they definitely are not worth dying for. Rest In Peace to Tupac and Biggie, and anybody else who died because of words theyve said in the name of Rap. I did write this in a style similar to how a diss song would go
"I'm Lockwood to the rain clouds;
Call me the Don,
Moving pieces like pawns
While eating your Lucky Charms;
You're just a clown,
I'll call you Gone.
Shout out in any song;
Shoot out at any mob.
I'll tell you what is wrong,
When you turn around
It's in your mouth you can't speak it,
Lies you can't keep it
As I hypnotize minds
To get out your secrets.
Leaking like my speakers beeping;
My alarm clock is on spot,
Feeling like I'm fiending
With a fetish for the lettuce,
But I can't stop it.
You can check it, no debit,
No cash back, no whack raps,
Me? I don't regret
So don't sweat it,
Just swallow up my techniques
And forget it,
You don't know where you're headed
But your bumping heads with me?
I won't swallow up your words
When they all sound empty.
Me? I'm an emcee,
You? You get lucky
Cause you're pretty.
Thinking you can trust me
While you sit there and try to brush me,
Now your blushing;
Heart rushing, blood gushing
So stop pushing when you test me,
Or I'll leave you resting
Like some sheep,
Unable to speak but keep counting;
Cant rely on you
When you're always doubting on my lines,
Get in twine,
I call it Avatar.
Bringing rhymes
From near and far,
But here you are;
A car to this train,
All aboard when I'm in a game;
In the paint, going hard,
Call me Lebron to any pop star.
Calm me like a bomb
Before my rage builds; collecting,
Vexing, hexing and pestering
Any pressured gesture
That I see on your dresser;
You wear it like a mask; fake.
I keep a clear face, clear conscious,
Popping your simple pimples
While I'm clearing out your office.
When I'm on rockets likes science
You know you can't pass class.
None shall have a cowl
Or a cast on a broken past
That might be too foul;
If you want to be a friend,
You cant.
You're too malleable
So I watch you bend.
And mend your spirits.
When you hear this,
I hope you understand it;
You hope I didn't plan it
But I did as a kid
When I predicted it.
We'd be kicking it
And you'd be spraying licks,
So I would leave you stranded.
Like a cow branded;
A coward standing on an edge
You will catch heads
But will never get an A.
That means Ahead for the brain dead
That couldn't understand my phrase,
And instead replaced it
With complacent thoughts
Messier than bed hair.
Stop and stare;
Marvel at the greatness;
Bruce banner to any ranter
Convinced they can see this kid's
Payment to society with rhyming,
Steadily supplying
Verses for the cursed
Nervous kids
Looking for purposes;
Make shift nurses
Trying to get better
For the double header
We call survival;
Music is my revival.
My writing's are my Bible,
I learn for each one of my friends
Like disciples.
But you're Judas.
I would prove it;
The abusiveness
And ruthlessness
But it would be useless
Because I'm losing it;
Anyway you put it,
Whether in chairs or nooses
It's all dead
We're all nuisances.
But you influenced it,
So now take the punishment,
Like you're loving it;
Masochistic relishing in the
References to the reverent,
But no priest likes your negligence
So forget it.
While your big head gets hit,
I pop it.
Kicking it as I drop it
Then I'm tugging on your watches
While you just sit and watch it.
Then I'm taking your wallet
You keep locked in your pocket
Call it congress;
Debating with the presidents
About if I should spend it,
Or risk assassination
For the words I am penning;
Writing my way out of tight grips,
But I might slip when I write it
Too close to be coincidence,
When you are risking it
Just to get fix in the game,
Foot in the door,
Watching it pour;
Rain on it like snow,
It's so cold but you know
It's all for the show..."
Part one was an example,
My own twisted sample,
Of a verbal cancer
That can kill the brain cells
That society has us inhale,
We built it, called a Diss.
A venomous kiss that we get,
And run with;
Hold in abundance
And then believe when the hundreds
Pile in, filing feuds between dudes
With killers on the news
That has us smiling.
Industries influencing
Artists to have scandals
That they aren't denying;
Paradoxically in a hospital
Treating you for the medicine
That they're supplying you.
As they're lying and I'm laying on
An operating table,
There to keep me stable
Focus on the cable
While your mom's reading fables;
In the Bible like I'm Daniel,
Fighting a lion heart's handle
On my thought process
While I digest poisons
Given by a pretty princess,
Who's pointing at the cradle
Of my feelings that I gamble with
Constantly upsetting chicks,
Ruining relationships.
Like mine and yours.
Fabricated by a nation
Wanting another war;
So this poem is a message,
To those martyrs in heaven
Who were smarter
But couldn't afford to avoid
The controversies circling
Their lives;
All leaves fall and die
But some leave at the wrong time
Filling eyes of the influenced;
Feeling pride in their intrudence
In the personal lives of those idols
That had to die
In order to make improvements.
I know we seemed clueless
And we didn't actually do it.
But we feuled the flames
For a feud we're not blamed
On because "the fame did it."
They don't get it,
I think that is nonsense
And kind of nauseous
That the common sense
Of the common man
Believes the problem were caused with
Skeletons in the closet,
Instead of consumer profits with
The help of our society,
Almost like hiring a hit man
To stage a battle
Between two climbing
Rappers who once
And had to haggle just to get a handle,
Turned into vandals by the mantle
Givin by the animals
Who shed light like candles,
When we need lights like arsons,
Trying to show that artists
Can still be prophets,
No matter how dark it is or the profits
Or benefits; it's not even relevant.
America's ignorance
Led to the filament
On our own eyes too bright
When it shines
We all pulled the trigger;
Somebody has to die.
Thats just American life getting bigger
Between two foes.
We now know where it goes;
It's cold but they still glow.
They cry but don't really know why
Their guilt still grows.
We cry because we know we caused it,
Not because we lost it.
Because we have a habit
To rappers dying for conflict;
A hobbit to the moguls
Seeking more sales and profits
On a global scale
From jail dodgers
And Lincoln Loggers
Under city bridges
That like raps about riches,
And bitches and killing any snitches
And triple digits,
And widgets in which they focus,
Until they fidget without a notice
From the lack of flat raps;
They want it to be well rounded,
When really they're the ones
Who have been clowned in
To believing the material lies
In lines that these rappers are forced to say,
Just to get a little pay,
They worked like slaves for wage
To their owners.
Dying in the name of Peace,
In the face of Hate,
They gave their lives like a donors.
Their names on the front page
The day the war was over.
No comments:
Post a Comment